Welcome to Server Knowledge Base. This is a developing Wiki for knowledge on servers, technical information and is a place to contribute to a compendium of information. A lot of the guides here may be based around using SSH so may be worth reading that guide first.
If there is anything you would like adding to this wiki, please contact the admin.
General technology information is placed here. So far this is only being written and developed by one person.
- Apache - A web server for Linux. Alternatives: Nginx | LiteSpeed | Lighttpd | Hiawatha | Cherokee
- cPanel (2082/2083) and WHM/Web Host Manager (2086/2087)
- DNS - Domain Name System/Server
- FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Linux/Unix: CentOS, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, Ubuntu
- Mail | Qmail - A Mail Transfer Agent
- MediaWiki | Minecraft
- MySQL - A Structured Query Language for databases
- PHP - Hypertext Preprocessor
- Plesk - Domains, databases, mail, application/software control panel (8443) - Parallels Product. Control Panel Lifecyle
- Resource Usage
- Security | Scripts | Tools
- SSH - Secure Shell, a network protocol for secure data communication
- SSL - Secure Socket Layer | SSL Tools
- Virtuozzo - Server management control panel (4643) - Parallels Product
- Windows: Server 2003 | Web (free) | Server 2008 R2 & Hyper-V
- Wordpress - A popular Content Management Systems
Note: This website will display best in full screen due to < pre >< /pre > boxes.